Truck wreck lawyer
Accidents involving commercial trucks can be particularly devastating because their sheer mass can cause catastrophic damage to everyone and everything in the vicinity. When a truck accident involves a small vehicle such as a car, SUV, or motorcycle, the consequences can be fatal. Anyone who has ever been involved in or witnessed a truck accident can prove the life-changing effects of all these super-common collisions.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, commercial truck accidents cause about four thousand deaths a year. Considering the size of the 18-wheelers and the speed they create even at medium speeds, it’s no surprise that truck accidents are often catastrophic. Sometimes, other drivers also inadvertently contribute to situations that lead to accidents. For example, if the driver of a passenger car gets cut in front of a truck, the truck driver may suddenly react, his car jack-knife.
Additionally, driving on congested metropolitan highways, through road construction, or in dangerous weather can further complicate the challenges. In light of these factors, it quickly became clear why crashes are so common. Since truck accidents often result in serious injuries, trucking companies carry hefty policies and those insurance companies regularly fight to settle claims for the minimum possible amount.
Stoy Law Group has a team of highly knowledgeable and skilled truck accident lawyers. Our team has a thorough understanding of the complexities of personal injury and has extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident, an experienced semi-truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal, physical, financial, and emotional repercussions. Our team will work to uphold your rights and negotiate the settlement you need to deal with medical bills, lost wages, and emotional distress. (Truck wreck lawyer)
Common causes of truck accidents
Accidents due to texting and driving. A commercial vehicle can cause an accident for a variety of reasons, including:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The stress of reaching a destination under a certain time frame, results in spending too much time behind the wheel and driving too tired.
- Driving while distracted by internal factors such as financial or personal problems.
- Driving while texting or talking on a cell phone
- Adverse or hazardous weather conditions such as high winds, sleet, snow, or ice.
- Road construction, especially construction that forces sudden lane changes or unexpected drop-offs, or creates unusually narrow lanes or sharp turns.
- Reckless speed or driving.
- Inability to see small vehicles driving next to the truck or in the driver’s blind spot.
- Mechanical disturbances.
- Braking suddenly to avoid an obstacle or another vehicle, causing the truck to jack-knife.
- Whatever the cause, truck accident lawyers specialize in evaluating the circumstances surrounding the accident. They use accident reports and other official documentation to demonstrate liability.
- Additionally, they specialize in negotiating settlements to benefit clients who have suffered the life-changing consequences of an accident.
Finding Help: Truck Accident Attorneys
Personal injury lawyers provide the necessary services and guidance to help victims of truck accidents and their families restore signs of normalcy. They act as a buffer between the victim and other parties such as the trucking company, its insurance company, and law enforcement officials.
In addition, they answer questions and provide assistance and guidance so that the victim can focus on recovery.
They also work to identify all possible sources of remuneration, including the applicable line of insurance coverage.
For example, it is not uncommon for one company to own and insure a truck, while another owns and insures a trailer. In such circumstances, it may be possible to recover partial compensation from both parties rather than receiving a total settlement from a single entity.
An experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyer will coordinate the collection of evidence. They work to build a substantial case that demonstrates the extent of the damage caused by the accident, who is responsible, and how far-reaching the effects may be. The effort requires significant expertise, investigative and administrative support, and access to extensive sources of information—resources that a well-established law firm has at its disposal.
Sources of evidence, documentation, and other information include:
- Dashcam footage.
- Photographs of damaged vehicles, road conditions, or hazards.
- Witness statement.
- Surveillance video from nearby businesses or traffic cameras.
- Police report.
- Report of Transport Department or Motor Vehicle Department.
- Driver’s phone record.
- Truck maintenance records and inspection reports.
- Sender records and instructions.
- Drug and alcohol screening reports.
- Driver staff records, training results, and employment history.
- Driver’s logbook.
- “Black box” data, including GPS information, acceleration and deceleration, and braking patterns.
- Trucking companies are only required to preserve evidence for a short period of time (usually six months).
- For this reason, it is important to start collecting documentation and evidence as soon as possible after a demolition. Your attorney will send a “supplementation letter” to the trucking company and its attorneys, acting as legal notice of their responsibility to store potentially relevant information. If companies fail to do so, they could face financial sanctions, increased settlement amounts, or even criminal charges.
- Your truck accident lawyer will use all available facts to demonstrate who is responsible for the accident. They will show that the other driver’s actions caused your injuries and negotiate with the insurance company to get a fair settlement.
- If necessary, your attorney will represent your interests in arbitration or trial, using years of experience and thorough knowledge of jurisdiction-specific laws to hold responsible parties accountable.
- Overcoming the response to a trucking accident presents a serious challenge for anyone, and most people feel that they cannot do it alone. Recovery requires a healthcare team, good financial guidance, the support of loved ones, and the help of a legal expert who is ready to protect your rights and protect your well-being.
See more posts: Car accident lawyers in Milwaukee WI